Turmeric, commonly known as haldi, is actually the ‘Mother of all Spices’. It has a golden- yellow color and a sharp taste. It is one of the best spices and the best health foods available out here. Turmeric has antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial, anti fungal and anti-inflammatory properties. There are numerous turmeric benefits as it is full of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Calcium, Copper, Magnesium, Iron and Zinc. Hence, all in one, it is the best health food and is a must for everyone.
Some Turmeric Benefits
- Heals wounds faster
Turmeric is excellent for healing wounds and helps in faster recovery. This is because it is an antiseptic and can be used as an excellent disinfectant. In case of a cut, apply some turmeric powder and it will do the job.
- Controls and reduces cholesterol levels
High Cholesterol is a major problem in most people and it is the root of all heart problems. So, it must be controlled. Having turmeric in your everyday diet can actually reduce cholesterol levels in the body.
- Controlling weight
Turmeric is excellent in controlling weight as it has a component in it which actually helps in the breakdown of all dietary fats. Hence, it is a must if you are on your journey to reduce some extra kilos!
- Prevents Liver Disease
Turmeric naturally helps in detoxifying the liver which detoxifies the blood of the body which helps in removing the toxins of the body. It also helps in proper blood circulation in the body.
- Boosts the Immune System
As mentioned above, turmeric has anti fungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties which help in improving the immune system of the body. A strong immune system protects the body from all kinds of flu and colds. Hence, it is a must to have turmeric when you are unwell.
- Controls Diabetes
Turmeric is also useful to control diabetes as it ensures moderation of insulin levels in the body and also controls the glucose levels in the body. It also speeds up the effects of medicines that control diabetes.
How to Use Turmeric?
- It can be used for making the best Indian curries and dishes. So, just add a little turmeric in your dal or sabzi and it will be good to go!
- Turmeric can also be used with warm milk. This should especially be consumed when you’re suffering from common cold or viral.
- Turmeric is also excellent for your skin. Infact most Indian brides and grooms use it to enhance their skin just before marriage. So, make a paste of it and apply it to your face and other parts of your body. This will give it a beautiful glow and you will be slaying on your D day!
- Turmeric is also a naturopathic medicine. In case of a sprain, make a paste of it using salt, turmeric and water and apply it on the affected area and then cover it with some cloth for atleast 20 min. This will really help the pain and swelling go away.
Henceforth, turmeric is an excellent Indian super food that is easily available, full of various vitamins and minerals that will help your body and protect it. So, use it on everyday basis and feel the change!