Menopause encompasses more than a permanent absence of the monthly menstrual cycle,it includes a series of events and changes in the female human body. The common Signs and Symptoms of Menopause are:
Signs and Symptoms of Menopause:
- Hot flashes, flushes, night sweats, cold flashes
- Irregular periods, short or lighter periods, heavier periods
- Irregular heart beats
- Mood swings, sudden tears
- Trouble sleeping through the night
- Flooding; phantom periods
- Loss of libido
- Dry vagina
- Pain during intercourse
- Shorter cycles,longer cycles
- Crashing fatigue
- Feeling at ease
- Feeling of dread, apprehension.
- Difficulty in concentrating.
- Mental confusion
- Increased tension in muscles.
- Weight gain.
- Burning tongue
- Changes in body order
- Changes in finger nails, softer, crack or break easier.
- Tinnitus, ringing in ears
Although the signs and symptoms of menopause may be uncomfortable, it is important to realize that menopause is not an illness or disease.
It is a natural process related to physical, psychological and hormonal changes that the body must go through. Woman should not fear Menopause as being the end of their sexuality . In this day and age, many woman live at least half of their life after menopause changes have taken place. Going through menopause is little like driving on an unfamiliar, twisting road with an unclear destination.You may not be sure of all that is happening where you are going or what,s coming next.
Menopause broadly includes hormonal and physical changes that takes place in three to five years during middle age before the last menstrual period. For this reason menopause sometime called “change of life”.
The menopause age varies from women to women but for most woman, menopause occurs between the ages of 40 -58 years but it can be as early as 30 or as late as 65 years.
Clinically speaking on Menopause Age
A woman is diagnosed as having undergone menopause when twelve months have passed since the day of her final menstrual period.